Midi Music Festival 2010
From Music-China Wiki
Rock in China is official partner of the Midi Festival 2010
Dates and Duration: 1st til 4th May 2010
Place of Happening: at Haidian Park, in Haidian District, Beijing.
Advance: 240 RMB for all 4 days!
call: 010-64177845 (for English)
Dates of registration: January 5th - March 1st 2010
Organizer: Beijing Midi School of Music
Festival Series: Midi Music Festival
Artists of Midi 2010
Location & Directions
Midi Festival will be held at Haidian park.
The park’s address is 2 Xin Jian Gong Men Lu, Haidian, Beijing.
Getting there by Bus: 302、904、933支、933、973、362、384、特5、817、725、708、992、996、运通108 to Fu Rong Li station.
Or you can take the 740 740内、740外、735、835、840内、840外、751、982、983 to Haidian Qiao station.
Getting there by car/taxi: Take the north 4th ring and exit after passing the Haidian Qiao Bridge heading north (towards Summer Palace), make a U-turn under the next bridge, get onto the side road and go further south wards until you reach the giant rocket and the main parking place of Haidian Park.
From Beijing railway station: Get on the 808 bus at the railway station and take it to Bai Shi Qiao station and transfer there to the 特5 bus, which you should take to Fu Rong Li station.
From Beijing west railway station: Get on the 374 Bus at the Beijing west railway station to Wan Quan Zhuang station. Transfer there to the 933 bus to Fu Rong Li station.
For more details: Read more ...
Please see Midi 2010 Stages for all details.
|May 1st Tang Stage||May 1st Song Stage
||May 1st Ming Stage (Folk)
||May 1st YEN Stage||May 1st MAO Stage
Flea Market and Environment Matters
Midi Festival will provide a seperate area for a Flea Market and private sales again this year, here are few rules to be respected also about environmental issues and garbage policy.
For details: Read more ...
On December 30th, 2009, CNNGo announces Midi 2010 as one of the best guitar-hero gatherings in Asia in 2010.
On January 5th, 2010, Midi 2010 has opened together with MySpace China an online registration and voting system for bands that want to participate in the Midi Music Festival 2010. On January 6th, the festival is honorably mentioned by MTV Iggy and their Top 10 Music Festivals 2010 list. As of January 18th, over 500 bands of various genres (metal, rock, jazz, punk, electronic, rap, etc.) have already registered and thereby showed their interest and commitment to China's legendary rock festival. February 1st, China Music Radar announces that it seems as if Midi 2010 is going to be held at Haidian Park in Beijing and not as in the past in Zhenjiang. Furthermore it is rumoured that Shan Wei, the 2 i/c at Rock for China (organizers of the Beijing Pop Festival from 2005 – 2007) has joined the team for Midi. On April 2nd, the list of bands performing at Midi 2010 are announced as well as the official naming of the stages (Tang, Song, Ming, Yen). On April 26th, it was announced that due to the recent closure of the Mao Livehouse in Beijing on the 16th, the bands scheduled for the upcoming days in Mao would be playing at a newly announced MAO Stage at the Midi 2010 Festival. On May 3rd, MTV Iggy released their first review of the Midi Festival, entitling it China Rocks Out! and stating Midi 2010 is off with a bang., reconfirming their previous announcement of Midi being a festival to watch in 2010.
Google.cn Music Section: Themepage of Midi Festival
Articles / Previews / Reviews
- Midi Fest 2010: Beijing's Original Outdoor Rock Fest Returns, by Cityweekend Beijing, April 2010
- MIDI and Strawberry Festival survival guide: Artists offer advice, by Cityweekend Beijing, April 2010
- Festival Fashion - How to Survive Midi and Strawberry Fields in Style, by Cityweekend Beijing, April 2010
- MIDI day 2: This is how a festival is done!, by Beijing Daze, May 2010
- Festival Showdown: How Did They Stack up?, by Cityweekend Beijing with a comparison of Midi 2010 and Strawberry 2010, May 2010
- China Rocks Out! MIDI Music Festival in Beijing: Day 1, my MTV Iggy, May 2010
- Flower power, Up to 50,000 music and fashion fans flocked to Strawberry Music and Midi Music festivals over the May 1 holiday., China Daily, May 2010
- Art vs Commerce – a review of the Beijing festival weekend, by China Music Radar, May 2010
- Heroes of the Day: Miserable Faith brings MIDI to an end, and what a glorious one it was, by Beijing Daze, May 2010
- More May Festivals – from the Pet Conspiracy posse, by China Music Radar: Helen Feng from Pet Conspiracy and Free the Birds fame updated her Facebook with reviews of the 3 festivals that they played over May holiday. She kindly allowed us to use it here. Enjoy! By the way, she hurt herself jumping off the 2m high stage at Strawberry, so send her fuzzy best wishes…, May 2010
- 2010迷笛十大瞬间, by Wooozy.cn, May 2010
- Best Unplugged Show Ever: Looking Back on Midi's Last Day, The Beijinger, May 2010
- Beijing Midi Festival 2010 Promo 2010年迷笛音乐节
- Ming's Pretty Heroes at Beijing Midi festival 2010
- Last song of day 3 of the Midi Festival 2010, Beijing
- Hanggai at Midi Festival 2010, Beijing
- Tang Dynasty at Midi Festival 2010, Beijing
In the blogosphere
- Vote for bands at Midi 2010, Jake Newby, January 7th 2010
- ↑ La Carmina (CNNGo) (2009-12-30). "Rock festivals: A headbanger’s guide to 2010". Retrieved on 2010-01-23.
- ↑ MTV Iggy (2010-01-06). "Top 10 Music Festivals Around the World (to Check Out in 2010!)". Retrieved on 2010-01-23.
- ↑ Blog post on Midi 2010 MySpace Page, dated January 18th 2010
- ↑ China Music Radar (2010-02-01). "Festival roundabout". Retrieved on 2010-02-02.
- ↑ Midi News (2010-04-02). "2010年北京迷笛音乐节演出全阵容公布". Retrieved on 2010-04-02.
- ↑ Alex Searson (Beijing Gig Guide) (2010-04-20). "Breaking News: Mao Livehouse Shut Down!". Retrieved on 2010-04-21.
- ↑ Beijing Gig Guide (2010-04-26). "Mao News: Mao Moves to MIDI 2010". Retrieved on 2010-04-26.
- ↑ MTV Iggy (2010-05-03). "China Rocks Out! MIDI Music Festival in Beijing: Day 1". Retrieved on 2010-05-04.
|Midi Music Festival - 2000 up to today|
|Main Articles:||Midi School | History of the Midi Music Festival|
|Midi Awards:||2010 | 2009|
|Festivals:||2013 (BJ) & 2013 (SH) & 2013 (SZ) | 2012 (SH) & 2012 (BJ) | 2011 (BJ), 2011 (SH) & Ocean 2011 | 2010 (BJ) & 2010 (ZJ) | 2009 | 2008 (Oct) | 2008 (Back To Utopia) | 2008 (May) | 2007 | 2006 | 2005 | 2004 | 2003 | 2002 | 2001 | 2000|
|Beijing:||Ditan Folk Festival 2010 | Greatwall Tanglewood Forest Festival 2010 | Midi Music Festival 2010 | Strawberry Music Festival 2010 | Haidian Park Music Street 2010 - First Weekend & Second Weekend | INTRO Electro Music Festival 2010 | JUE Festival 2010 | Modern Sky Festival 2010|
|Chengdu:||Zebra Music Festival 2010|
|Hangzhou:||Hangzhou Westlake Festival 2010 | Big Love Festival 2010|
|Lijiang:||Lijiang Snow Mountain Music Festival 2010|
|Qingdao:||Golden Beach Festival 2010|
|Shanghai:||JZ Shanghai Music Festival 2010|
|Suzhou:||Suzhou Music Festival 2010|
|Xi'An:||Xi'an Strawberry Festival 2010 | Zhang Guan Li Dai Festival 2010|
|Yixian (Hebei):||2010 Yixian Camping Music Festival|
|Zhangbei:||InMusic Festival 2010|
|Zhenjiang:||Zhenjiang Midi Music Festival 2010|